A CD of three of Jake’s works for Seattle’s Music Of Remembrance. (Mina Miller, artistic director).
Librettist Gene Scheer.
Soprano Caitlin Lynch, Mezzo-Soprano Sarah Larsen and Baritone Morgan Smith are joined by instrumentalists from the Seattle Symphony for three one-act operas.
Zart Domburian-Eby (flute), Laura DeLuca (clarinet), Mikhail Shmidt (violin), Walter Gray (cello), Jonathan Green (bass), Craig Sheppard (piano)
For performance information, scores or sheet music you can find more information here.
You can sample and/or order the Naxos Classical Recording or see on Amazon.com
1. Another Sunrise 00:28:33, Libretto by Gene Scheer
Farewell, Auschwitz, Texts by Gene Scheer (based on Polish lyrics by Krystyna Zywulska)
2. I. Prologue: For Maria 00:00:41
3. II. Soldiers 00:06:23
4. III. Diamonds 00:02:39
5. IV. In The Cards 00:02:18
6. V. Irenka 00:05:11
7. VI. Miss Ziutka 00:02:53
8. VII. The Sun and the Skylark 00:03:12
9. VIII. Farewell, Auschwitz 00:04:27
For a Look or a Touch (song cycle version), Texts by Gene Scheer
10. I. The Voice 00:03:51
11. II. Golden Years 00:04:51
12. III. A Hundred Thousand Stars 00:05:33
13. IV. The Story of Joe 00:03:44
14. V. Silence 00:04:28
Total Playing Time: 01:18:44