A CD of three of Jake’s works for Seattle’s Music Of Remembrance. (Mina Miller, artistic director).
Librettist Gene Scheer.
Soprano Caitlin Lynch, Mezzo-Soprano Sarah Larsen and Baritone Morgan Smith are joined by instrumentalists from the Seattle Symphony for three one-act operas.
Zart Domburian-Eby (flute), Laura DeLuca (clarinet), Mikhail Shmidt (violin), Walter Gray (cello), Jonathan Green (bass), Craig Sheppard (piano)For more information about the composition, see OUT OF DARKNESS: TWO REMAIN (2016 rev. 2018).
For performance information, scores or sheet music you can find more information here.
1. Another Sunrise 00:28:33, Libretto by Gene Scheer
Farewell, Auschwitz, Texts by Gene Scheer (based on Polish lyrics by Krystyna Zywulska)
2. I. Prologue: For Maria 00:00:41
3. II. Soldiers 00:06:23
4. III. Diamonds 00:02:39
5. IV. In The Cards 00:02:18
6. V. Irenka 00:05:11
7. VI. Miss Ziutka 00:02:53
8. VII. The Sun and the Skylark 00:03:12
9. VIII. Farewell, Auschwitz 00:04:27
For a Look or a Touch (song cycle version), Texts by Gene Scheer
10. I. The Voice 00:03:51
11. II. Golden Years 00:04:51
12. III. A Hundred Thousand Stars 00:05:33
13. IV. The Story of Joe 00:03:44
14. V. Silence 00:04:28
Total Playing Time: 01:18:44