Poetry by A.E. Housman and Vachel Lindsay. Songs for tenor and baritone with violin, viola, cello and piano. Commissioned by Welz Kaufman and the Ravinia Festival for the Steans Institute. Premiere: August 6, 2005 at the Ravinia Festival with tenor Nicholas Phan and baritone Andrew Garland.
1. The Farms of Home (Housman)
2. In Praise of Songs That Die (Lindsay)
3. Stars (Housman)
4. The Factory Window Song (Lindsay)
5. In the Morning (Housman)
6. Because I Liked You Better (Housman)
7. The Half-Moon Westers Low (Housman)
One or more recordings have been made. (Here is a Search for them.) Sheet Music, Scores, Parts and Performance Materials are available from billholabmusic.com.